Feb. 25 is known as National Chili Day, and Kevin from The Office is famously known for his chili recipe. Now, relive the iconic moment when Kevin debuted his chili recipe on The Office while learning how to cook up the meal yourself, from the comfort of your home.
Peacock has released Kevin’s famous chili recipe, which includes ingredients and eight steps to take to bring the popular dish to life.
Kevin’s chili recipe can be found below.
Kevin’s Famous Chili Recipe (Courtesy Of Peacock)
1 lb. 85/15 lean ground beef
1 (12 oz.) coarsely chopped yellow onion
1 (15 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
2 (about 1 oz.) dried ancho chiles
1 cup water
2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Toppings of your choice (shredded cheese, scallions, etc.)
- Combine beef and onion in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté until meat and onion are browned (the trick is to undercook the onions).
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, toasted ancho chilis, and water.
- Season with chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper to taste.
- Boil on a low-heat.
- Simmer for 15 minutes while covered.
- Add the toppings of your choice (shredded cheese, scallions, etc.).